Fredericksburg, Texas

Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Texas hill country has become a second home and sanctuary for my family.  It’s a place where we gather our thoughts, slow down, and spend quality time together.  My boys play outside until dusk, sleep like champions, and wake up ready to roll every morning.  My family has a ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas, a town I have grown to love dearly.  I try to support local business, and explore my surroundings when we visit.  My latest trip consisted of visiting a local farm, finding a cool new restaurant, and searching for others establishments who support local foods. We had a fabulous week in God's country.




Tubby's Ice House
Caribbean Fare/ Beer & Wine/ Bocce Ball/ Playscape

This local joint has such a fun atmosphere for kids and adults alike.  They offer a unique Caribbean inspired menu, outdoor seating, bocce ball, and a play area for the kiddos.  With it's "Austin" vibe I can see the evolution of Fredericksburg. The cool factor is quickly barreling through the community and I'm digging it. They also had locally made, organic popsicles for my boys. Mama was happy about that!  Side note: If you are lucky enough to visit during the week, head over to Tubby's for Taco Tuesday!


















I love taking my boys to this beautiful orchard. We get to pick our own strawberries, blackberries, peaches, and vegetables.  My two year old, Rory, finds it absolutely fascinating and is willing to eat whatever he picks.  It's a nice way to encourage healthy foods in our home.  He feels apart of the process, and is willing to try new things. Toddlers are like teenagers…they must think it's their idea. =)  Check out their Facebook page for openings and closings.  The orchard is open seasonally and the availability of their product varies.

















"Food the way it should be"
Abundant table stole my heart. A one stop shop, in the heart of the hill country, offering locally sourced meats, dairy, eggs, deli meat, coffee, honey, and produce. They also offer a delivery service for hill country families in the area.  As I walked into the store, I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful interior and the amazing gift selection. I was welcomed with a hug and a warm greeting from the owner and manager.  This family owned establishment is truly passionate about what they are bringing to the "table".  They are knowledgable about the current food movementt and are truly dedicated to building relationships with Texas ranchers and farmers.  I am looking forward to my next visit! 




































The hand made cheeses I purchased from Abundant Table, by CKC Farms were outstanding. They paired well with our hand picked tomatoes! 





Our last stop was the Thursday evening Farmers Market at Marktplatz Kinder Halle.  A beautiful display of local fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, wine, pizza and tacos! Live music and the city playground were added bonuses!






























"I lived in solitude in the country and noticed how the monotony of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind." 
- Albert Einstein














1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Hayley Larue Design